Saturday, February 11, 2006

At last


Whew! It's been a busy couple of days, and I'm so glad I'm done. Here is another exciting picture of my freezer. I know it's lame, but I have to look at my accomplishments after a long day :) I finished cooking today, and in addition,(are you ready for this?) completely cleaned up the kitchen, including disinfecting every surface, and mopping and windexing my floor. (thanks Jill). Oh, I'm not done yet- I also ran a couple of errands (one fun- I went to Roberts), did 2 loads of laundry, vacuumed, and finished my mini book. Whew! Double Whew! And Bella only took two naps, one of which was a whopping 20 minutes. (?!) I am so glad this day is done and tomorrow after church I can lounge around and enjoy a clean house. Happiness is a clean kitchen. (and bathroom). I ended up making: Chicken Chile Casserole, Chicken Chili, Beefy Black Bean Chili, Shepherd's Pie, Beef Stew with Creamy Mashed Potatoes, Salsa Chicken, Chicken Cacciatore and Tamale Casserole. I never really pegged myself as a casserole kinda girl, but I did make a lot this time. I've never had 8 of the 9 recipes so I'm excited. Okay, I'm tired. I need to eat dinner.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I enjoy the photo of the freezer and will be happy if you show this whenever you do your marathon cooking days. I'm impressed that you're trying 8 new recipes, I never do that. You'll have to let us know how they are and then either post the recipe or email it or something. I need help for sure. Your productivity today is truly impressive and enviable.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jill, you should post the recipes if they are tasty- the Beefy Black Bean Chili sounds especially good to me. Be a food critic for a day or something and let us know what ya think. Very impressive none the less to do all that you did with Bella in tow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...