Saturday, March 25, 2006

Leave of Absence



Ahh.. It's been too long. Yesterday I was without blog because it was one of those days that made me repeat 2 family quotes: 1 from my then-young cousin John. "I quit this job!" He was referring to his chore of unloading the dishwasher. I was referring to motherhood. That reminded me of another quote from a then-young Denise (Johns' now-mother)of "BE the mother! BE the mother!" That was her response when her mother, my grandma, once said she didn't want to be the mother in a fit of frustration. Alas, I must be the mother. We had a disastrous grocery shopping trip yesterday full of crying, dropped binkies and other items, eating the food we hadn't bought yet (on Bella's part, not mine-) forgotten items, wrong items, careening carts, and misplaced coupons. In fact, I lost $20 worth of coupons. Seriously. It was a bad time. The highlight of the day was when we went to the park and Bella got to swing. Nevermind the fact that the infant swing all but swallows her-she was laughing, so I was laughing. I know these pictures are blurry, but they are too cute.

On to today. Cooking day. Actually I started last night, another reason my day was not so full of the joys of motherhood. I started with Timm's help last night at about 8 and finished up here about an hour ago. Now all I have to do is clean up the kitchen! (Not the smallest feat after cooking 9 meals or so....)This time I made: Meatloaf (at Timm's request), Chicken Cacciatore, Cheesy Beef and Rice Casserole, Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas, Chicken Enchilada Casserole, Spaghetti Pie, Curried Chicken with Chickpeas (shown here)and regular Chicken with Chickpeas. I think that's all. I have a lot of domestic duties the next couple of days and will be glad when the middle of next week rolls around... I'm going to go try to put my feet up before cleaning the kitchen.

6 comments:

Jill said...

I was wondering where you were yesterday. It's rough to go from fruitful blogging to even a 24 hour break. I'm sorry you were having a craptastic day. Those are so hard to shake off. Careening carts, lost coupons, and dropped binkies will certainly do it to a person. Did you just want to put your head down on the handle of the cart and cry? I've felt like that too.

Apparently you've recovered somewhat if you took Bella to the park (cute pictures) and managed to cook 9 meals! I still don't have the drive to do that even though it's such a fabulous idea. (Did you take a picture of your freezer again? That could be an end of the year layout right? Freezer progression and menus perhaps.)

I hope you get to relax and watch something good tonight, and have an inspiring Sabbath tomorrow. If not, I've got some really special guests over and you're more than welcome to come join in the coversation.

Anonymous said...

You're so productive! I hope you got a chance to relax! And, just so you all know, after Jessie's busy day, she even offered to help me with a huge envelope-stuffing project that I'm doing! What a woman!

Anonymous said...

Love the park pictures, funny how we both have pics up from the park right now. Bella looks like she enjoys the swing as much as Mya.

I sure hope today is better than your last two, I mean your house is clean, dinner is made, and you get to take a nap. How cool is that? Just relax and feel good about a job well done.

Last night was fun, glad we both caught onto Munchkin, which is an understatement since you won. Already looking forward to the next game night.

michelle said...

Boy, it can be hard to be the mother. An unrelenting job, and sometimes you just want a vacation day! Sounds like you rallied very well, with all that you've accomplished since. I'll have to take Eva to the park -- she's never tried swinging yet!

Anonymous said...

Okay, Denise and I are too tired to comment right now, nevermind, we also have to open birthday gifts! So goodnight! Yes, BE the mother for yet another day....

Amie said...

Jessie - my sister Becca asked me to request your recipes for these dinners. She thought they looked fabulous but is afraid to comment because you said something about people you didn't know commenting?! Anyways, I told her that she didn't count....we would love if you would share your recipes though! I love having meals in the freezer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...