Wednesday, March 29, 2006

New Carpet Day!!

It seems I have been so busy the last few days! Too busy if you ask me, which is evidenced by my pronounced lack of blogging. Well no more! (I hope.. at least for now.) It's just dumb household things, but everything is under control. We have a freezer stocked full of food, a very clean house, clean and folded laundry, an organized scrap room, and new carpet! (These are the things that have kept me busy for the last few days...)That should keep me happy for at least a few days, in which time I plan to scrap for the first time in weeks! I will have to post pictures of my latest scrap organization later.
Yesterday we got our new carpet in, and I am very excited. The color is still gross, and I would have never picked it out, but I am focusing on the very positive: It is NEW, it is CLEAN, and it is a hundred million times better than our old sick, nasty carpet. And no, that is not a shadow- it is one of at least 3 distinct traffic patterns on the carpet. That one was in fron of the couch.
That was then:




My idea of a nightmare! Furniture piled up everywhere in the kitchen and the bathroom- chaos, and disarray. My nightmare. Hopefully you can tell from these pictures just how gross the carpet was.
This is now:


Yay! (sorry the picture is blurry, I am still trying to learn about photographing low-light conditions)I got everything put back together last night and it feels like home again. The carpet feels so cushy under my feet! It is so comfy and poofy feeling in stark contrast to the flat, worn down berber of days past. Last night I actually laid (sp?)down on it and even drifted off for a few minutes! It is clean cream carpet. For now.
{Help me out people-especially the ladies- Timm says that carpet is carpet. It goes under your feet and otherwise doesn't matter. That means he didn't mind or even notice the old filthy carpet, and likewise doesn't care about the new carpet-whether it is clean or what color it is. Hello?! Is this a girl thing? A mother thing? A homemaker thing?}

8 comments:

Jill said...

It's not bad at all! I know it's not what you'd pick if you were designing your own stylin abode, but really I don't think it's bad at all.

What a pain to have to move all of that stuff, but don't you love knowing that everything is super clean? I love rearranging furniture not only for a change, but also because I feel better knowing there aren't any creatures, crumbs, or other gross things lurking behind the furniture.

I can't wait to see your new scrap organizing system and space, not to mention the wonderful things you will create. Your creative genius needs to post projects soon.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you have everything put back together already! You just never cease to amaze me. I'm excited to see your carpet and your scrap room on Saturday.

michelle said...

No, it's not a girl thing. Our old, stained carpet is Marc's biggest pet peeve. I hate thinking about Eva crawling around on it! So even though you wouldn't pick this carpet, it's new and clean! Hooray. I can't believe you have everything spic and span, a freezer full of food, and your scrap room organized. Sigh. Jealous.

michelle said...

p.s. that was a creepy picture of the empty room with Dobby & Smeagle.

Anonymous said...

That soooo doesn't look at light as I thought it would be. Looks nice and clean. I am sooo into clean carpet and even though my upstairs carpet isn't that bad, I think it looks so gross. I don't think Linc is bothered by it as much. I think it might be a homemaker thing for me since I am the one who stays home and vacuums it daily. Maybe if I didn't vacuum it as often I wouldn't think about it. But lucky you, enjoy it while it lasts.

Anonymous said...

p.s. I too can't believe you have it all back in there and looking fabulous. I don't know how you manage to get so much done sometimes.

Robin said...

The new carpet looks much improved! Seriously - the feel and look of new carpet DOES make a difference. I like the pic of the cats looking lost, btw.
"Where did all the furniture go..??"

Amazing how quickly you got everything put together. Looks fantastic!

Oh, and I am sorry for not getting back to you tonight - I sadly had to work. So much fun. We'll hang out soon, I am sure (:

Rin said...

Um, I think it can tend to be more of a girl thing...I've seen some SICK SICK SICK men's apartments. Oh gees, I could throw up thinking about them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...