Thursday, September 18, 2008

Entertainment Tonight

I love the constant entertainment of watching newborn's facial expressions while they sleep. She sleeps SO much, and I wonder what is going on in that little brain of hers. What level of cognition she has, if she's dreaming, what she sees, what she feels, how much of it can be attributed to a newly developing central nervous system. Whatever's going on in there, I hope it's half as entertaining for her as it is for us to watch. It's hard to time these little shows, so tonight I kept my camera handy and when she showed signs of performing I started to record in the hopes that I could capture some of the expressions in her array of material. By all means, not a comprehensive representation, but still makes me giggle.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is killing me! She is just so cute. This is one of my favorite parts of the newborn stage, watching them sleep and work through whatever is going on in their cute little heads.

Diana said...

I so wish I was there.

Amy E said...

She is so so adorable! I'm so happy everything went well in getting her here. I did have to chuckle about your comments on the C-section recovery since we had talked about that a few times in the past, if you recall. Anyway, congratulations! Fiona is absolutely precious.

michelle said...

I love this so much! I have vivid memories of holding Lucas at night when he was this age. We would just hold him and watch him forever, making all those faces. We called it The Lucas Show.

Max and I just watched together. I can't believe I get to hold her myself this time tomorrow!!

rmt said...

She is just so darn cute! I used to love to watch Daniel sleep.

Jill said...

It's so fun to see her in action and to hear your voice. It's like she's trying so hard to open her eyes but she just can't do it. Very cute!

charlotte said...

Thank you for posting these! She is so perfect! I love the sounds she makes--she sounds so intent on whatever she's thinking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...