Friday, March 06, 2009

She says...

On a funny note, in her prayers the other night Bella said: 'Thank you for the monsters that don't live in our house.'
But a few Sundays ago I scribbled this conversation, while driving, that Bella and I had on our way to church. It started when she asked if we could go to McDonald's and I reminded her that we don't do things like that on Sunday, and briefly explained why.

B: Does Satan go shopping?
J: Er, maybe. Sure, he goes all the time on Sundays.
B: I really want to get baptized.
J: Really? Why?
B: I want to show Satan that you have to get baptized.
J: Well, you know you need to wait until you're eight.
B: Yeah, that's when I want to tell him. I want to tell him when I die. Why does Satan not want to get baptized?
J: Satan didn't want to follow God and His commandments.
B: Well I want to do what God asks me to do. That's why I want to get baptized.

[pause]

B: Does Satan always go to McDonald's?

Then she sung Fiona a lullaby to calm her her crying. What a girl, She surprises me every day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crap, Bella is going to think I buddy up with the devil cause I shop on Sunday! Eeeep! :)

I love that she is thankful for the monsters that don't live there. So awesome!

Jill said...

This is a beautiful photo of Bella, and such a great conversation.

Susan said...

Goodness, Bella looks soooooooo old in that photo! I love it. (except for the old part....)

I can just hear the conversation next time you go through the drive through at McDonalds! Keep up informed on that one.

Very sweet dialoge. I like her thinking.

michelle said...

She has pretty deep thoughts for a 3-year-old!

emily said...

Hahaha. I'll think twice before I grab some french fries from the McDonald's value menu next time. So great that she's so excited to get baptized and do what the Lord wants her to do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...