Monday, November 02, 2009

1. I am thankful that Timm has started the first diet of his life! Now don't get me wrong- I don't care one way or the other if he loses weight or not. I have never had issue with his weight in the 7 years we've known each other- and really, what leg would I have to stand on if I did? Me- with my dramatic weight fluctuations in our 6 years of marriage and inclusive 3 pregnancies? Ha.No, I am thrilled because for the first time in my married life I have a live-in diet pogner! ('partner'.) Timm has always been emotionally supportive, but now, now- he understands! He commiserates! He's on board! We talk about it! We weigh in together! Of course now there will be the frustrating discrepancy in our respective male vs. female rate of weight loss...
2. I am thankful that I got the house perfunctorily cleaned this morning before Molly and co. came over because the rest of the day was a waste, productivity-wise. Socially, good to have Molly over. It's been a while.
3. I am thankful that the Daily Show is mocking New York and Philly fans, both Giants vs. Eagles and Yankees vs. Phillies. They really are the worst. I can speak from experience, having grown up in a Philly suburb. Trashy, vulgar, bad sports, and violent- but devoted! Funny stuff tonight.

3 comments:

Jill said...

How nice to have a pogner!

michelle said...

Yay for having a pogner! Although I hate it that men lose so much more easily than we do...

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine Timm dieting- or Linc for that matter. Woohoo for at home support!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...