Friday, April 30, 2010

So, I need to know where you grew up, where you went to school, and how you ended up where you are now.

Well I was born in Denver, which is how I have my roots there with the clan that you know. We moved to Pittsburgh when I was three, then to the Philadelphia area where I grew up. Yardley, specifically, in Bucks County. The schooling thing is kind of a long story, so I'll try and be succinct. (This is like a whole other story-) I dropped out of high school when I 16 because I hated high school so much. I got my GED and went to community college for a year so I could transfer to BYU. After that year I moved to Utah to attend BYU (which I never finished, getting married instead) and stayed in Utah for 8 or 9 years. After Timm and I got married and he graduated I lured him out here to NC. I grew up on the east coast, and I had had enough of Utah! Since he is a high school teacher we could pretty much find a job anywhere in the country, so after a lot of research I settled on Charlotte. It has a pretty low cost of living, affordable housing, is in driving distance to both of our parents (for now), and is on the east coast. (Timm grew up in Utah, and lived in Orem for his entire life. He needed to branch out.)So, that's how we got here in Charlotte, going on 3 years in July. Loving it here. I see us here indefinitely.

Quiz Me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...