Thursday, October 07, 2010

Just an Idea

* I've tried to link that blog several times and it just won't work, so I'll just tell you the address: www.cleanmama.blogspot.com*
I've had some help menu planning lately from this blog Michelle recommended. 
We love to make BBQ Chicken Pizza, so I thought of putting a bunch of chicken in the crockpot with BBQ sauce and then using it in various ways.
The first night we made the pizza, then tonight I made them into quesadillas- just the chicken mix, corn, black beans and cheese, served with the usual lettuce, salsa and sour cream fixins. I thought they were awesome.
I'm freezing the rest and I plan to use some for BBQ sandwiches with coleslaw on homemade buns- Southern style, you know. I love this simple fix to make 3+ easy yummy meals. 
Just thought I'd share.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds so good! And looks good :)

The link isn't working for the site though!

Diana said...

lou loves barbecue chicken quesedillas.
your picture is very pleasing to the eye

Jill said...

I appreciate you sharing your idea. I love it when I have meat prepared that can be used for multiple meals. I need to plan better so I can do this more often.

Susan said...

I guess I do that without thinking...use my meat selection for several re-purposing menus. Good idea. And, those quesedillas look divine!

I wasn't hungry at dinnertime and now I'm starved. (but then again, it is 1:07AM. Ugh.

linda said...

Dittos to what Hannah said, the link isn't working and I really want to check it out! I tlooks delicious!

michelle said...

That photo has a whole new meaning to me after our conversation about that meal...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...