Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Utah: Friends

One of the best parts of vising Utah is reconnecting with friends.
I was thrilled to be able to meet up with my book club girls (minus Hannah since she moved to the gluttonous Texas-) twice while I was there. Once we went out to dinner and monopolized our server's station for 3 hours, and then once at Diana's cute new house. She's got a great view, huh?


I love being able to pick up right where we left off, without any awkwardness or backtracking. I miss having a good group of girl friends. Hell,  I miss friends!

(Part of our brood- Bridget had 2 kids since I saw her last!)

(Lou, always one of my favorite friend's husbands and one of Timm's old friends, chatting it up with Fiona.)

(Robin, me, Diana, Bridget)


Since I was there during Spring Break, Jill was able to come over for Creative Friday, which I crashed, being in town.

(We had a model's photo shoot going with the wind relentlessly blowing our hair)

(Necessary provisions.)


Jill is always good company, and good for a laugh. I was thankful that I was able to spend some time with her while I was in town, and thankful for her sake that she was able to have some time off and get in a Creative Friday.


Luckily for me, Gretel emailed me when she saw that I was in town. (We are from the same home ward in Pa-) We calculated that we hadn't seen each other in about 12 years! A lot happens between the ages of 18 and 30, so we had a lot to catch up on n a short amount of time.


Miranda was kind enough to drive down from Idaho to spend a couple of days during my visit! I am so glad she was willing to take the time and expense to drive down, and we had so much fun. The only other time we'd met in real-life is at my grandma's funeral last year, and have enjoyed an online friendship since then. Miranda is the kind of girl who makes me consider Pocatello a viable relocation option. I'm pretty sure she's the only thing that could make me consider Pocatello an option. (Not that we have any offers in Pocatello, I'm just saying at least I would have an instant kindred spirit there.)

(Marc giving a maverick crepe tutorial. "It's more about 'principals' than a 'recipe'".)



 I had a great time talking her ear off about weighty subjects- you know, the kind that are fitting for someone who drove a few hours to see you, based on a friendship formed over email and blog comments. I just jump right in, baby.

My only complaint about it all is, there are too many people I want to see and it seems I never get to see them all or spend enough time with everyone. I think next time I will have to post  a calendar that I can fill in with friend dates ahead of time to make sure I spend all the quality time I am after. 
Good thing there's a next time.

11 comments:

michelle said...

Having too many people to see seems to be the universal problem visitors to Utah experience.

Miranda said...

I'm so glad I came too! I had a wonderful time hashing out the deep subjects with you. If only I knew where to look when we were taking self portraits...

Karli said...

Jessie,
Glad Utah was such a memorable & great trip-the places you went sounded fabulous {and graham cracker ice cream?! Gotta try it!}.
I wanted to let you know I LOVED your mother's day post. I loved your new mantra and am quoting you on my blog and adopting it as something to tell myself daily as well. It's going on my vision board too. Thank you for sharing, for always being real, and for inspiring me as usual.
Love, Karli

GCC said...

Loved loved loved seeing you. It really didn't feel like 12 years, did it (for one thing, we couldn't possibly be that old!). Thanks for taking the time to see me for a bit!

{natalie} said...

I'm bummed it didn't work out to see you. Boo.

I met your friend Jessica at the big C today. She was brave to say hello. It was cool.

It looks like you had a ton of fun and that's awesome. It's always great to come to a place that you have lots of friends and fun things to do.

Marie said...

so fun to see my cute sister in law Bridget in your photos! It looks like you had a lovely visit!

patsy said...

What a GREAT visit!

Susan said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all. I love seeing you with your long time friends. I thought that was Gretal!

Diana said...

Had to come back and comment on this post. When I read it the firt time Blogger wasn't allowing new posts or comments.

I had so much fun with you. It felt so natural to be around you like no time had past since you left :) Thanks for always being a good friend!
love you and miss you already.

Jill said...

How fabulous that you were able to pack in so many friend gatherings while you were in town! I'm honored to have been one of the lucky ones who got to spend time with you.

rmt said...

I can't believe I didn't get to see you while you were here. LAME! Can you please not come during finals next year, LOL! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...