Sunday, January 29, 2006

Happy Place


This is a flower arrangement that my mom made and gave me from her store, and a pitcher she got me from Home Goods. (Of course they're from my mom-almost everything I have worth owning is from my parents...) I love these things because they are so cheerful. I keep them in my kitchen and they're those kind of things that just make me feel a little bit better to see them.Again, pretty much anything I have worth looking at has been given to me. (Otherwise I would have posted a picture of some cinder-block book shelves and bed sheets stapled to the wall and hung as curtains. Aren't you glad I didn't?) Anyway, when I am done this HOF stuff, the first thing I am doing is getting my house back in order. I've been picking up but not really cleaning, so I need to get back to status-quo for my sanity. But the next thing I am doing are a couple of mini albums. One is a small 'happy book' if you will full of things that, you guessed it, make me happy. So- as I collect ideas of what these things are- I want you to tell me what makes you happy. It can be as mundane or substantial as you want. Orange Orbit gum to your purpose in life. So tell me, *What makes you happy?*

6 comments:

Jill said...

What a gorgeous picture, those items would make me happy too. You have seriously scored by having the most stylin and generous mom of all.

As for the things that make me happy I would have to say, potato chips and ranch dip, ice water (used to be diet Coke), my scrapbook room, blogs, photos, books, homemade gifts from friends, the funny things the kids say, good mail, clean laundry, my vacuum, good tv shows, being home, James Taylor, ribbon, the quilt Michelle made for me, my cafe curtains (don't tell Timm), and I guess I should stop so I'll end with the 4 seasons.

Rin said...

Bouncy balls...I can't help it and I feel validated since the bouncy ball commercial was just so beautiful and the director said the bouncy balls were a celebration of color. I love the word celebration too. Blue blue skys and sunsets....those make me oh so happy. Dogs make me the happiest. The Olympics make me soooooooo happy. And fireworks. Friends "blooper reel" stories, as well as my own. Candles make me happy, but less happy than the other things I listed.

these are the things that make me happy, but things that bring me joy are far more precious and hard to put words to. Although animals always bring me joy.

Anonymous said...

I love the color of those flowers. You are indeed lucky to have a mom that knows you would appreciate something like that.

Since it takes very little to make me happy, I would say the simplest things would be dirt in my garden (not now of course, but in the spring), a freshly vacuumed carpet with the lines before they are walked over, the smell of cut grass, books that keep me up at night and keep me from doing the things I know I should be doing, camping anytime-anywhere, Mya's uber-nerdy laugh/giggle, getting a call or e-mail from an old friend, e-mails from Linc, a big cup of chai spice tea, and complete silence :)

michelle said...

Hmmm... I'll have to limit myself here, but here goes: my scrapbook room, the funny things my kids say, eva's smile when I go to pick her up, eva's belly laugh and her growl, freshly vacuumed carpet before Jack goes on a rampage and makes claw marks all over the place, a snowy winter wonderland day when I can stay inside my house, m&ms, photos taken my Jill or Marc, my friends, my family, homemade cards, books that I can't put down, soft cozy blankets, fresh haircuts for my boys, a freshly bathed and lotioned baby, getting packages from Mom, the ocean, Target, downloading fonts, giving gifts, cherry 7up plus, buttons, ribbon.... ahh. I'm happy just thinking about it all!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...let's see what I can come up with right now. Listening to music I love, singing in the car, watching a good movie, playing a piece on the piano that actually sounds GOOD, playing video games (I know, big nerd), hot chocolate and a warm blanket, petting your naked cats (and Mister too!) (:, eating a really delicious meal, the feeling AFTER a good workout, fog around the mountains, lazy Saturdays with Mark, going to a concert....and if I sat here long enough and thought, I could bore you to tears. Haha!

Anonymous said...

I love reading, scuba diving, and making things with my hands. I love the exhausted feeling after physical labor. I love helping people with little things that they don't know how to do. I love to teach. I love finding extra (often stupid) parts, and i love when thing work after they have their extra parts removed. Mostly, I love my Bella and my JT.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...