Wednesday, March 01, 2006

And the winner is....

Okay, drumroll please......Diana! (Now I have to come up with some kind of prize-)
She weighs 14 pounds, 3 ounces. And she is almost 9 1/2 months. She wears 3-6 months clothes. If I could estimate, I would say she is in the negative 20th percentile or thereabouts. At least negative 10th. The doctor said for me to start giving her Pediasure once a day for the calorie content, but besides that she is fine. She probably just has small genes. (Ahem, mom and grandma!) We talked about the possibility of putting her on growth hormones at some point, but both of us agreed that probably isn't necessary or desirable. He did recommend having a 'bone age' test done in a few months to see if her bone's age actually match her chronological age. (I have no idea what that even means)They do it by X-ray. I don't care if she's small, as long as she's healthy. More power to her! My only complaint is that I get sick of her clothes before she outgrows them, but at least it helps the budget! She is in the 10th percentile for height and head size. Oh my little wee one... :)
She has had this goopy eye since she was born and it has never gotten any better. If by about 15 months it has not resolved itself we will have to have a minor surgery done! (Now I am imagining your anxiety Jill). It would be a same day surgery and they would have to put a scope down in her tear duct to open it up. I hope they don't have to- there's something too scary about putting a baby under anesthesia. We'll see. For now, all is well with my little, and my I mean little, Bella Bean.
Check out Hannah's new blog!

4 comments:

Diana said...

having 2 kids under 2 helps a lot in guessing a babies weight. Bella is tiny Josh is 6 months old and weighs 17 lbs. I thought that was huge but according to the charts he is just in the 50th percentile.

Jill said...

I was exactly two pounds off--that's impressive right? Perhaps not. The bonus to having her be tiny is that she'll stay a cute baby longer, and you won't have to carry a huge kid around since she'll be walking before she even weighs enough to be considered heavy. That's lucky for you.

Anonymous said...

I am just amazed. That is only 4 pounds more than Mya weighed when she was born! Lucky you to not have to break your back battling a big kid. I can't wait to see them next to eachother. Mya will be big enough to dog pile her or something.

thanks for the blog plug :)

michelle said...

She's easy on the arms as well as on the eyes. You might get tired of her clothes before she outgrows them, but it's awfully cute seeing her crawl right out of her pants! I say as long as she's healthy, I wouldn't worry at all about her weight. She's teeny-tiny and it's dang cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...