Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Portrait of Young Motherhood

Too many days, this is what I look like- no makeup, no hair done, in lounge clothes, nestled on the couch with these 2.
Yesterday I'm trying to talk to Michelle on the phone and nurse Fiona at the same time. It takes both hands to nurse Fiona to try and help regulate the flow, so I've literally got my hands full. Then Bella calls for me from the bathroom exclaiming that she needs help wiping. Augh. So I pull Fiona off, walk gingerly to the bathroom with the phone perched on my shoulder where Bella says that she's pooped and needs help wiping. Augh. So with phone perched on my shoulder, Fiona cradled in one arm, I use the other to reach down and help her wipe. While she is still pooping. Gross. As I pull my hand back in good-natured disgust, Fiona pukes all over my other arm and onto the floor. It's not pretty, but I can't help but laugh at the picture of young motherhood displayed in my bathroom.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man I wish I had a record of one of these moments. Priceless.

Jill said...

Oh my goodness, what a fine portrait of young motherhood and all the gory details!

I was already laughing at, "so I've literally got my hands full" and then you just kept going. I was afraid you were going to say you dropped the phone in the toilet or something.

michelle said...

Yep, that about sums it up.

It was funny from my end... one of those times you just have to laugh to guard against crying.

rmt said...

LOL. That is so funny and sad and true.

Susan said...

Motherhood. What's a woman to do? Remember Grandma's quote, "YOU be the Mother".....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...