Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What's Wrong With Me?

Rhetorical question- I don't have time to hear all of your answers.
On Sunday I was driving home from church, going through the light when Timm started yelling "You're lane! You're lane!!" I looked up, the light was green, there was nothing in front of me in my lane, I couldn't figure out what he was freaking out about. I switched lanes and a van passed me, honking. Apparently I drifted across the intersection into the other lane, cutting off the driver of the van. That's bad enough. The really bad part, was i could not understand it for the life of me. I was like, no- I was in the left lane. I saw it. I was here, and then there was a lane next to me, the right lane. Even though Timm corrected me, I could not for the life of me envision my mistake. I couldn't see what I did wrong. It disturbed me, like an indicator of dementia.
Then today I stopped by Molly's house. She selfishly left me to visit her family in Dallas for 3 weeks, leaving me with no friends. Friend. That combined with the rest of the women in my family convening in Denver without me left me as the Cheese, standing alone. Anyway, I went by her house to check on it. I pulled in the driveway, walked up to the porch. Hmm. Molly has a porch? There were 2 ceramic statues that had toppled over and had their heads knocked off. That doesn't seem like something Molly would have... I looked at her door. Hmm. That's kind of a tacky wreath. Not like Molly. At least it's springy. Oh look, a glass storm door. I didn't remember her having that. And red gravel instead of mulch or pine straw. Never noticed. I went to the side of her house where her trash can is kept and it wasn't there. My first thought was some hoodlum kids took off with their trash can! Why would they do that? Kids... Maybe a neighbor put it in her garage. Where'd their key pad go?? This is weird...Oh. Wait. Molly's house is next door. Okay, it wasn't until the 7th, the seventh difference that it occurred to me that it wasn't Molly's house. What the hell? And I go their house all the time-all the time.
The only thing that would top this is if I were to get Blue's Clues wrong again, for the third time in history. Good thing we're not watching that anymore.

3 comments:

michelle said...

Are you quite sure you're not pregnant??

Susan said...

Oh, dee!

It sounds like a day that I would be glad to have end! What the?

Grandma would blame it all on hormones. Perhaps Michelle is on to something...

Anonymous said...

For your sake I HOPE Michelle isn't onto something. I have off days, but not this off. It is kinda funny from over here though :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...