Monday, June 19, 2006

25th Highlights

My birthday was also a great success this year. Since it fell on a Sunday, Timm and I went out Saturday night, thanks to Hannah. Hannah came over and put Bella to bed and watched her so we could go out. Timm and I were trying to remember the last time we went out for a date, and we think it was our anniversary last July. We don't have money or a babysitter, so we never go out together. Thanks to Hannah, we enjoyed a night on the town! He took me to my favorite restaurant, P.F. Changs- hence, the horse:

He also gave me a g.c. to Victoria's Secret so I could get fitted for a new bra since I don't know what size I am anymore. He also got me new perfume, and a g.c. to Nordstrom so I can buy some MAC makeup. (That's what I used to buy when I was single and had a disposable income!) Timm did very well in the gift department. I don't know where he gets the money for it all, as it added up to quite a tally! He squirrels away "secret money" and plans for months for such an occasion. I am lucky to have husband who is so thoughtful and giving. And he listened to what I really wanted for my birthday. In return:

I forced him to pose for these pictures with me. We have hardly any pictures together, and one reason is that he hates being in pictures. I, however, am a natural poser and relish a photograph with my husband. (As long as my hair and makeup are in perfect form and I am not fat at the time. That's a lot of conditions.)

After shopping and dinner we headed to Michelle's for cake and presents. Shell is kind enough to make my birthday cake every year. With the exception of my first birthday when I almost died due to whole almonds being included in the frosting, I have always had the same cake: White Mountain Cake. The title actually refers to the frosting, and I always choose to have a chocolate cake. To my knowledge, I have had the same cake for 24 years in a row. Our family has many, many delicious recipes, but for some reason, I always gravitate towards the same one. And I think I dare say, this year was the best cake yet. That's really saying something, since I consider myself somewhat of a connoisseur after 24 years. Bravo, Michelle!

Here is me enjoying the sheer ecstasy of a fingerful of icing from the bowl:

Shell gave me these oh-so-cute stamps that I absolutely love! Some of them I have coveted for quite some time, and some I fell in love at first sight that night. She also gave me a stash of other delightful scrap supplies. (I can always count on her such things.)
Timm and I were going to go to a movie, but considering Timm instantly aged a year overnight with the revelation of his true age, we were too tired. I mean, it was nearly 10:30! We're getting old. We came home, relieved Hannah and watched an episode of Lost before retiring for bed.
The day we got up and got ready for church, but before we left I opened this present from Denise and Grandma:

Inside are all kinds of cute things for kitchen in my color of choice for said kitchen: orange! There is the cutest tablecloth, orange taper candles, tea towel, orange measuring cups and butter knives... I could go on. SO cute! Jill also gave me the cutest notecards ever, and a note-book. A book full of lists and notes by RealSimple from Target! Check it out there!
I opened my mom's presents in shifts throughout the day. Some of them included:
The New Complete Weight Watchers Cookbook, another really cute tablecloth in my kitchen color scheme, a really cute graphic black and white skirt, some diet snacks... I could go on as well, but I will stop there.
All in all, it was a fantastic birthday! The fun doesn't stop there- I am going out with my bookclub friends for dinner on Friday night. That's what I'm talking about- a week long celebration!
Thanks to everyone for your phone calls, emails, thoughtful posts, babysitting, gifts, cake, etc, etc... It's good to be 25!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I say you deserved to have the best day ever and I can't wait to get together on Friday! I also can't wait to see all your orange kitchen stuff in person!

Anonymous said...

I had fun singing to you yesterday, although I'm sure our sudden burst of Petersen birthday song likely threw off Timm. (We tend to draw a similar reaction from our unsuspecting friends and family.) I hope that you had an awesome day, and I too am partial to the white mountain cake for birthdays. See you soon!

Alison said...

Hey- I just wanted to tell you that you look really pretty in your birthday pictures, which I debated NOT telling you, as I am still just a random girl from the Internet. But whatever. It's true- I am sad that I read your post right before bed, because I am HUNGRY. haha Cake!

Bond Girl 007 said...

Cute pictures, glad you had a wonderful birthday!

Anonymous said...

I love reading about your doings in your blog. Your birthday and Lola's legacy sounded like a dream come true. I loved the pictures.
I can hardly wait to come to Ut and see all the fun things for your kitchen.
I don't know how often you are on the family web site, but some of the sister in laws are asking for the chili recipe from Weight Watchers. I have lost mine. Could you go on the site and give it to all of us again.
Thanks
Mom Tanner

michelle said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday. I am honored to have possibly made the best cake yet. That's saying something in our family! It sounds like Timm really came through for you and I did not realize you hadn't had a date in almost a year -- that's worse than me and Marc... yikes. Please tell Timm that for me every year older has been better than the last. 26 is not a bad place to be!

Amie said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend. It's so nice when everything works out like that. Jimmy is a money stasher too, isn't that nice....

TX Girl said...

Love the pictures. WHat a fun weekend. Isn't it great when we get pampered by the ones we love. I'm glad you had a fun birthday.

Amy said...

Happy birthday (late!). I'm glad you had such a good day! Here's to a great week-long celebration!

skbkmjfamily said...

Happy Birthday, I am glad that you finally got to go out. I understand the no income thing, it stinks.What a wonderful weekend for you, a weekend of service always brings happiness to my heart, and you were able to give and recieve all in one weekend. Enjoy 25, it goes down hill after that.

michelle said...

Katie, I hope you were joking about it all going downhill after 25! I honestly have enjoyed getting older. I realize that might change at some point, but I'm 35 and I've never regretted a birthday yet! Besides, as my grandma says, it's better than the alternative...

Anonymous said...

Happy be-lated birthday jessie! I'm so glad to hear you had such a wonderful day. You've made several comments about your orange kitchen- I'd love to see some pictures! Any family recipes you would like to share would be greatly appreciated as well. If a cake is good enough to eat for 24 birthdays in a row...it must be a recipe worth having! PS. I agree with Alison-you look great in your pictures and I like the pink-polka dot watch/braclet. Very cute!

amy gretchen said...

I am so glad you have an awesome birthday. My 25th has been my worst birthday yet and it was suppose to be the best. Go figure. The stamps are awesome. Can't wait to see what you create with them. Happy birthday!

Jill said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful 25th birthday! It shouldn't really matter, but I think it's cool when milestone birthdays work out great. My 25th was a good one too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...