Saturday, June 17, 2006

thank you

{60 candy bars}
+

{me}
=

{"danger, danger, danger"}
{but-that}
+

{homemade tags}
=
{cheap and easy 'thank you's}
some may say "slutty..."

Seriously a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who helped me with Lola's Legacy in any way, shape or form! Here's a few off the top of my head:
dad- for sending me cash to by supplies!
Bridget, Audrey, Jill, Michelle, Hannah, Robin, Rachelle, and Diana for coming and making so many of the albums! (And making them well...)
Michelle for making all the demo albums for people to follow at the tables
Hannah and Robin for helping me with some of the prep work
Rachelle for having her girls at Provo Canyon ink paper for me!
Robin and Hannah and Jenn for buying supplies
Thats all I can think of right now, but if I didn't have all of your help, I never would have been able to make this happen. Thank you so much for all of your hard work and contributions. It means so much to me, and a paltry candy bar or thank you does nothing to show you how grateful I am to each of you. Thank you, thank you, thank you for thinking beyond yourselves and giving of your time, money, and talents to help those in need, and comforting those who stand in need. I love you all.
update to follow later...

9 comments:

Amie said...

I am still sad I couldn't be there. I am glad it went well and you had so many to help you! (Again let me know if you need post crop help.)

Jill said...

I don't think the candy bars were paltry thank you's, they were unexpected delights. Who am I to turn away a Twix, Milkyway, and Symphony bar wrapped cute and decked out with a tag? (A fat girl that's who.) I'm giddy about them and think it's amazing that you pulled off such a fantastic event. Congratulations!!

Amy said...

I'm glad everything turned out so well. I really wanted to go help today, but I was having contractions this morning and thought I should stick close to home. All of the work you did is amazing. I know it will be appreciated by the families who receive your wonderful gift.

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with "cheap and easy" if it's covered in chocolate! We can't wait to see photos of the event--so sorry we couldn't be there.

Robin said...

The thank you's are awesome - seriously. I'm with Jill - how can a few decked out candy bars bring anything BUT joy??? I'm so glad it went well today, and I was more than happy to help out (: Thanks for letting me be so involved (:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you saw how long it took me to break open that Symphony~ and everytime I look at that cute tag I think of you, so it's all good!
Thank you so much for letting us share this experience with you. You are amazing!

michelle said...

Since we didn't expect any thanks at all, it was a most happy surprise! I'm just amazed by you -- you had the idea and you didn't waste any time. You just dove in and everything you needed came pouring in. You really did a lot of work and made this big project come together very well. You inspire me.

collette said...

I am so impressed with you Jessie! What an incredible and thoughtful idea - not only did you have a "nice" idea, you saw to it to make it happen. You are an inspiration!

Amie said...

It's Sunday now...

Happy 25th Birthday!

I hope you had a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...