Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Valentine's Wreath


This is one of my favorite things I've made lately, and it always help boost the creative ego when it is something completely from my own imagination. Not that I invented the yarn wreath-that accomplishment is boasted by this designer I linked to when I posted my last yarn wreaths. However, the entire design here was of my own imagining. I love it when I have my own ideas. However fleeting those instances may be.


I used some of that beautiful wool felt I directed you to yesterday as well as some Eco-felt I also use a lot. The eco-felt is made from recycled plastic bottles, but that's not why I use it. My 'green sense' is not nearly as honed as my 'craft sense'. It is less pricey than the wool obviously, but is still a step above lowly craft felt. But hey, we all start somewhere. I climbed the latter from cheap craft felt to wool blend felt and eco-felt, to Merino wool felt. They all have their place in the crafting ecosystem. Try them all out for different purposes.


You can get the wreath forms at your local craft store, as you can the yarn. I used some scraps from my stash for the arrow, and my favorite of all, Scrabble tiles from travel Scrabble. That makes all the difference. They are tiny, and like grandma says, 'Baby anything is cute'.

 

Timm still doesn't like these wreaths. All I could get from him is an 'It's cute for what it is.' Hmph.



Can you tell I really like making these yarn wreaths?
Total tally of wreaths made to date: 8.
I have 2 more to post.

8 comments:

{natalie} said...

That wreath is so cool. It really makes me happy. The stripes are awesome. Can't wait to see what else you post

michelle said...

Very cute! The fabric for the arrow is just perfect. I have been looking for a heart wreath form and haven't been able to find one anywhere!

Miranda said...

Crap man, that wreath is CUTE. The stripe fabric for the arrow is like icing on a cupcake. Also, I've never used eco-felt. How is that even possible?

Tasha said...

A dorable!!

KnockKnocking said...

Eeek!! You did a darling job! Thanks for the mention and it looks amazing!

xoxo Agnes

Claire said...

I read the title of this post a little too quickly. At first I thought it said "Valentine's Wrath". Ha ha ha!

Jill said...

That's pretty cute. It's funny that Timm isn't a fan of the wreaths you make.

Anonymous said...

OH man...that is super crafty yet I love it! (I find that sometimes the crafty stuff is just too cutesy for me. Sometimes.) Good work- Timm is crazy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...